Well, I was trying to connect to the Internet in Ubuntu 11.04.
After umpteen trials and failure, it finally got connected.
So, here’s how you go.
1. You need to install first the wvdial package.
For more help on that, visit http://gamblis.com/2011/05/29/how-to-install-wvdial-in-ubuntu-11-04-offline/
Download the necessary .deb files and install it in the order specified using the Ubuntu Software Center.
2. Once your done with that, go to the Network manager on the top-right of your Ubuntu screen.
Click Edit Connection.
3. Select ‘Mobile Broadband’ menu in the window that pops up. Then click the “Add” button.
5. Select you country from the list provided and click Forward.
6. You must now see a list of ISP. Select your Provider.
You will be asked to enter the username and password of the modem.
For MBlaze, its as follows:
username :- firstname.lastname@example.org
phone number:- #777
Note: Select ‘Connect automatically’, if you wish to get automatically connected to the Internet when you insert the data card.
7. Then select Apply.And you’re done!
The modem will be automatically detected when you connect the data card, and you can access the Internet.
Happy Networking!!! 🙂